Advertising Guidelines For The Slippery Rock Gazette
Publisher reserves the right to accept, reject or edit any copy for advertisements or editorial material not in keeping with the standards of the Slippery Rock Gazette. Publisher reserves the right to accept or reject any advertisement appearing in the Slippery Rock Gazette. Publisher will design and build electronic files for advertisements at the prevailing market rate to be invoiced in addition to the contract rate for the advertisement.
Ad guidelines for FREE online classified ads
Online ads not meeting the following guidelines will not be published. Ads must meet the following criteria:
- Online ads are free, however they must be renewed each month. Ads may be renewed by contacting the Slippery Rock Gazette.
- Maximum of 70 words or less per ad.
- For questions, contact Rich Hassert email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the online form.
- Publisher reserves the right to accept, reject or edit any copy for advertisements or editorial material not in keeping with the standards of the Slippery Rock Gazette.
- Publisher reserves the right to accept or reject any advertisement appearing in the Slippery Rock Gazette.
Ad guidelines for print edition classified ads
Download Slippery Rock Gazette 2017 Media Rates & Deadlines Guide (PDF, 1.7 MB filesize). This document includes complete specifications, rates and deadlines for advertising in the 2017 Print Editions of the Slippery Rock Gazette.
- Print text listings are $30 per ad, per month.
- Classified ads for web edition of Slippery Rock Gazette are free.
- No handwritten ads will be accepted. No exceptions.
- Ads may be submitted by fax (865-688-8254, attn: Karen richards), or use the online form. Same ad can be listed online and print.
- Maximum of 70 words or less per ad.
- Please review all your ad info before submitting– NO refunds will be given for ads that are submitted with the wrong contact info or content and then published.
- Payment must be made at the time ad is submitted: Credit or Debit Card only. A PDF Credit Authorization Form is available by fax, or download a PDF.
- Ads may be renewed for additional issues by contacting the Slippery Rock Gazette prior to Classifieds deadline. Please refer to the Classified Ad Deadline dates for each issue, below.
2017 Classified Color Box Ad Rates
|Display Ad Size:||Frequency:||1x||3x||6x||9x||12x|
|Classified Display Ads, Column = 1.85 inches wide|
|1 column wide x 1.25 inches high||$40||$35||$33||$32||$31|
|2 columns wide x 1.25 inches high||$80||$70||$66||$64||$62|
|2 columns wide x 2.5 inches high||$160||$140||$132||$128||$124|
|Classified, Text Only Ad, Per Month||$30||Call before deadline to renew|
2017 Ad, Content, Classified and Press deadlines
2017 Ad, Content, Classified and Press Deadlines
|2017||Ad and PR Deadline:||Classifieds (Print) Deadline:||Press Deadline:|
|January||Tues, November 29, 2016||Wed, November 30, 2016||Wed, December 7, 2016|
|February||Tues, December 27, 2016||Wed, December 28, 2016||Wed, January 4, 2017|
|March||Mon, January 23, 2017||Wed, January 25, 2017||Wed, February 1|
|April||Mon, February 20||Wed, February 23||Wed, March 1|
|May||Mon, March 27||Wed, March 29||Wed, April 5|
|June||Mon, April 24||Wed, April 29||Wed, May 3|
|July||Mon, May 22||Wed, May 24||Wed, May 31|
|August||Mon, June 26||Wed, June 28||Wed, Jul 5|
|September||Mon, July 24||Wed, July 26||Wed, August 2|
|October||Mon, August 21||Wed, August 23||Wed, August 30|
|November||Mon, September 25||Wed, September 27||Wed, October 4|
|December||Mon, October 23||Wed, October 25||Wed, November 1|
|January 2018||Mon, November 20||Wed, November 22||Wed, November 29|
Slippery Rock Gazette Advertising
Specified Advertising Space in the SRG must be reserved one calendar month in advance, minimum. Space is sold on a first-come basis, with preferential placement given to advertisers with a 6 month or greater advertising contract.
Publication & Payment Terms: First time advertisers will be required to provide credit information or prepayment at the start of their advertising program. After that, invoices are payable net 30 days, in U.S. funds only. No credit will be extended to accounts over 60 days. If an agency defaults on a payment, advertiser will be held responsible for total due. In addition, in the event that it is necessary for Slippery Rock Gazette (SRG) to place the account in the hands of a Collection Agency or Attorney for collection, the advertiser agrees to pay all additional costs of collection, including reasonable attorney’s fees.
Classified Ads: Single or multi-month Print and Web listings available; ad text can be submitted through our online portal. Online ads appear on the SRG Online Classifieds page as soon as approved, are posted free for 30 days, and renewable.
NOTE: Advertiser is responsible for all charges (including production) incurred when canceling an ad placement after the Ad Materials Deadline for that month. Ads cannot be removed after the press deadline and will be billed to the advertiser.
The Slippery Rock Gazette is produced by Braxton-Bragg. For details on participating in a Slippery Rock advertising program for your stone industry product, please contact us:
Larry Hood, Editor/Design Director
G. William Brown, Graphic Designer
Derek Brodka, e-Marketing Coordinator
Slippery Rock Gazette
4100 Appalachian Way
Knoxville, TN 37918
SRG Fax: 800-915-5501
2017 4-Color Ad Rates and Specifications
Download Slippery Rock Gazette 2017 Media Rates & Deadlines Guide (PDF, 1.7 MB filesize). This document includes complete specifications, rates and deadlines for advertising in the 2016 Print Editions of the Slippery Rock Gazette.
2017 Advertising 4-color Ad Rates
|Display Ad Space:||Frequency:||1x||3x||6x||9x||12x|
Display Ad Sizes (see illustrations, above):
- Full Page: 10" wide x 11.5" high. Please set up with .125" Bleed
- 3/5 Page Vertical: 8" wide x 9" high
- 1/2 Page Horizontal: 10" wide x 5.625" high
- 1/2 Page Vertical: 4.875"W x 11.5"H
- 1/4 Page: 4.875" wide x 5.635" high
- 1/8 page: 4.875" wide x 2.8" high
Rates reflect full space price.
- The SRG is printed on a roll-fed web press using CMYK UV set process inks. Cover and select interior pages use 60# coated. No SPOT, custom PMS colors or rich black available.
- All prices listed are net with no agency commission discount.
- Reserved, specified ad space is limited. Please contact editor for available placement.
- Add 10% for a guaranteed specified position.
Printing Specs, File Preparation and Submission Guidelines:
- SRG Specification: Web Press on 35# Hi-bright newsprint, 60# gloss cover, 4-color process, colors UV set. Page live area = 10w x 11.5h
- Digital File Requirements: Print resolution CMYK PDF or non-compressed, highest quality JPEG files preferred. All photos and art submitted for ad and article preparation should be 300 dpi resolution, saved as TIF, PDF or JPG with no LZW or JPEG compression. Multiple files (more than 2 files) MUST be zipped (ZIP) or Stuffed (.SIT) before sending by email, FTP, Dropbox link, etc.
- Accepted Formats: High resolution, press quality PDF, set up page size 10 x 11.5 H, include .125" bleed, no crops. All color files should be CMYK, no spot colors. Native files accepted in InDesign CS6; Photoshop PSD, PDF, TIFF or JPEG; for Illustrator PDFs – all fonts must be converted to paths. No native CorelDraw, Publisher or CAD files. No rich black backgrounds or registration black.
- Accepted formats, Content and Press Releases: Email in Microsoft Word or PDF; include print resolution JPG photos as separate files.
- Please provide Type One postscript or Open Type fonts with native files. Include fonts when collecting files for output and when submitting InDesign, Illustrator, or Photoshop native files. Any Windows PC & TrueType fonts will be replaced with closest available Mac OS versions at industry production rates. Missing Windows fonts with no equivalent font in our library will be replaced at cost + industry rates. Include both printer and screen fonts for package printer fonts and screen fonts for Photoshop (.psd), InDesign (.indd) or Illustrator (.ai) files.
- Files smaller than 12 MB may be emailed to email@example.com. When emailing or uploading multiple files, package in a Stuffit (.sit) or ZIP file. Press releases must include all supporting graphic files, including photos, logos and charts and graphics. Due to ink-offset printing concerns, no solid black ads with reversed white type will be accepted. All spot colors will be converted to CMYK equivalents.
- FTP Ad Submission: To submit ads over 12 MB in size, contact Larry Hood or email firstname.lastname@example.org.